Design of high-speed mechanical seal
by：Lepu Seal 2022-01-24
Design of high speed mechanical seal
When designing a mechanical seal, a thorough investigation must first be carried out to obtain the design conditions and required parameters:
1. The type of the host and the parts that need to be sealed.
2. Working conditions. That is, medium pressure, medium temperature and shaft speed. The name, composition and properties of the medium to be sealed. Including density, viscosity, vaporization pressure, corrosiveness, suspended particles, etc.
3. The allowable limit value of leakage.
4. Shaft vibration and deflection.
5. The structure of the sealing part. Including the size of (shaft or bushing), the structure of the sealing cavity, the inner diameter and depth of the sealing cavity, the assembly size of the sealing gland and the roughness of each surface.
6. Auxiliary system situation. The temperature of the cooling water, whether it has the conditions for taking flushing and cooling measures, whether there is a filter device, etc.
AAA supplier from xingheng pump group
There is only one AAA supplier of mechanical seal, in fact, Guangzhou lepu machinery manufactured mechanical seal for xinheng’s pump for many years, and help their pump develop a big market in several province. Now xingheng pump group is a leading pump supplier in southe of china.
What is a mechanical seal?
A mechanical seal is a spare part that helps connect systems or mechanisms together by preventing leakage (e.g. in a pump), generating pressure, or excluding contamination. The effectiveness of a seal is dependent on adhesion of the sealants and compression of the gaskets. Normally, a mechanical seal includes rotating parts and stationary seal parts with secondary seal part like o-ring. Besides that, the material for secondary seal is usually rubber, like NBR, BUNA, EPDM or VITON (FKM).
How to choose the materials for mechanical seals?
There are some rules when choosing the materials for a mechanical seal. For example, we use ceramic as the material for stationary seals, carbon for the seal face, and NBR for the O-ring. Be careful when you use hard material for both rotary and stationary seal face. The temperature will be very high when mechanical seal runs, so make sure you have equipped cooling system for your mechanical seal. If not, the rubber parts of the mechanical seal will be get burnt soon.
How to choose the rubber part for a mechanical seal?
Different rubber working for different medium, NBR is a popular and cheap rubber material, normally working for clean water and not too high temperature, if working for some chemical medium, better choose epdm or viton, and if working for high temperature, then viton is a better material.
If I just have pump number, how can I know which mechanical seal fit which pump?
Please contact our sales, they will check for you, we have many data for pump and mechanical seal. And please try your best to offer pictures or seal number to us, that help to save lots of time for checking the mechanical seal items.
Famous brand of mechanical seal
This honor proved how good quality of our mechanical seal, and what nice service we offer to our client. “We will keep our high and stable quality, and improve our service for all clients, and lepu seal will be a super brand in south of china” Statement from Mr. Yue, general manager of Lepu Machinery.